Treat dad to a perfectly grilled steak this Father’s Day. Fire up the grill, gather your ingredients, and try to get to the grill before he insists on cooking it himself. 😉
Preparing the Garlic Herb Butter:
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, minced garlic, chopped parsley, rosemary, and thyme.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Shape the mixture into a log shape using plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow it to firm up.
Preparing the Steaks:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel and season generously with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on each steak and rub it gently to coat.
Grilling the Steaks:
- Place the steaks on the preheated grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or adjust the cooking time according to your desired doneness.
- Avoid pressing down on the steaks to retain their juices.
- Once cooked to your preferred level, remove the steaks from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute and ensures a tender, flavorful result.
- Just before serving, take the garlic herb butter log from the refrigerator and slice it into thin rounds.
- Place a slice of butter on top of each grilled steak, allowing it to melt and enhance the flavors.
- Serve the steaks alongside your dad’s favorite sides, such as roasted potatoes, grilled vegetables, or a fresh salad.